Hey y’all, I’m trying something new on the blog today: a recipe! I made my first smoothie bowl (a trending food right now) the other day and now I find any excuse to whip one up. Of course, a smoothie is a cup makes more sense and is more practical, but I love smoothie bowls because you can put any topping on eat it, rather than drinking it (I imagine it’s tough to drink strawberries).
Here is what you’ll need:
• 1 cup of frozen berries
• 1 cup of milk (almond or coconut milk are healthy alternatives)
• 1 cup of flavored sparkling water
• 2 dollops of yogurt
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Here’s what you’ll do:
This is pretty self-explanatory, but just mix all the ingredients in and blend until smooth. My smoothie was a little liquid-y today, and since smoothie bowls work best when thicker, feel free to put in more fruit or yogurt to your desired thickness.
This is the fun part! Of course you can customize your bowl, but this is what I like to use:
• Granola (I am using vanilla almond from bulk)
• Chocolate chips (we all need a little sweetness for our mornings)
• Coconut Flakes
• Flax seeds (they are high in fiber and omega-2 fatty acids)
• Berries of choice (I usually use blueberries and strawberries, but I accidentally ate all the strawberries last night, oops!)
(This is the bowl I made today, but the pretty one is above)
Sprinkle these toppings all over of place them from a picture-perfect bowl.
Let me know if you want to see more healthy (and really yummy) recipes on my blog!