Hello and happy Friday! I was recently nominated by Ruth over at Really Truly Ruth and Sydney from Mitten Prep (thank you both!). The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers in order to recognize them as well as help extend the connections throughout the blogging world.
Here is how the Liebster Award works:
• Thank the blogger who nominated you
• Answer the (11) questions they gave you
• Nominate 11 other bloggers
• Come up with 11 other questions for your nominees
• Notify your nominees
(P.S. This post will be really long because I was nominated twice, so I’ll make the answers as brief as I can)
→ Ruth’s Questions ←
1. What is/was your favorite subject in school and why?
My favorite subject would have to be history because I’ve always had really engaging, fun teachers for this class. I especially enjoy American history because I like hearing about how our great country came to be and its struggles and triumphs throughout history.
2. What is your favorite genre of music and why?
I have two favorite genres: Christian/worship music because it is always proves to be uplifting and fruitful. I love country music too because it’s easy to sing along with and puts me in a good mood.
3. Are you a sports lover?
I’ve played sports since 4th grade (lacrosse for 6, and tennis for 1), but I wouldn’t consider myself a huge sports lover. I like to play but I think I would rather watch sports (football mostly).
4. What is you favorite movie and why?
I might be made fun of for this…but my all-time favorite movie (that I might never get tired of) is National Treasure (the first one). I love this movie because I find all the hidden secrets within our history very captivating, which also provides why I like American history so much. Plus, Nicolas Cage (why does everyone hate him?). Second to that is American Sniper!
5. Are you an only child? If not, how many siblings do you have?
I have three other siblings: an older brother, an older sister, and a younger sister.
6. Where/who do you get your fashion inspiration from?
It wasn’t really until last year that I began to refine my style, instead sort of drifting around through trends. When I first started to learn really about what prep was, my brother (check out his blog, he has been too busy lately to post much, but he has plenty of style knowledge!) taught me a lot on what real style really is and the values behind it. Besides that, I got inspiration from my favorite bloggers Carly, Sarah, Sydney, Bess, and Abby.
7. Who is your female icon or your role model?
I don’t have one single role model; there are many women (family/friends and not) who I find inspiring and wise, and it would take too long to list them all.
8. What hobbies do you have?
My biggest hobby, which comes before fashion, is being a part of my church. Youth group is a big part of my life as well as attending Camp Barnabas (a camp dedicated to letting kids and adults with special needs have the time of there life, while helping them forget about their disability, but instead, focus on their ability). I also like to draw, help my mother decorate, cook, and spend time with friends and family.
9. Why did you start blogging?
I began blogging because I loved the idea of getting to know people I would otherwise never meet, find inspiration, discover some of my potential, and let others hear my voice. Everyone wants to be remembered in some way, and I think it’s neat that I can have my own corner of the internet to share my thoughts and read others’.
10. What is your favorite food?
Lemonade (yes, it’s a food in my book).
11. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
I am a new blogger myself, but I would tell a new blogger to try and stick to who they are and what they believe in. Don’t be like a leaf in the wind and let everyone else sway your opinions, and in the same way, don’t be wishy-washy; know what you want to do and make it happen!
→ Sydney’s Questions ←
1. Why did you start your blog?
(see question #9 above)
2. What is the story behind your blog name?
I chose “Pursuit of Prep” because that’s exactly what I’m doing. Preppy isn’t just the a few brands that embody the style and clothing, but it is a lifestyle and a set of values that I’m “in pursuit of” (that’s a little dramatic though) . I chose the name because, I’m always learning new things about prep don’t think I will stop learning.
3. How would you describe your blog in your own opinion and why?
Yikes, maybe a work in progress! Since I began blogging in December, I’ve found it tough to find time to take pictures, write posts, maintain social media platforms, etc. I really hope to expand a lot this Summer because I will have plenty of time to blog.
4. What are you involved in outside of blogging?
(see question #8 above)
5. Who is your biggest role model/inspiration and why?
Like I said above, I don’t have just one inspiration, I have many!
6. What are your plans as of now for your life in the future?
Well, I will graduate high school strong, then continue onto college (I hope to go to either University of Texas or Baylor University, and if not one of those, I want to go somewhere in the South). My blog will hopefully be a large part of my future, but I know I will be surprised with where this blog takes me and what I will learn.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would love to live in the French, English, or Scottish countryside, as it all seems so untouched by humans. I also imagine that those countrysides are the birthplaces of prep.
8. If you could make a huge difference in the world, where would it be and why?
There is no one place I would want to make a difference. My difference would be to spread God’s Word to everyone, close to home and far from it because it is something everyone needs to hear, and it has the power to move mountains.
9. Do you have any pets? If so, what breed and what are their names?
I used to have a German Shorthaired Pointer, named Molly, who was the absolute sweetest dog ever and my bestie, too.
10. What is your favorite type of music and why?
(see question #2 above)
11. List 11 random facts about yourself?
I have a post dedicated to just this (click here!).
→ My Nominees ←
Lauren from Pointer Prep
Catya from The Pearl of the South
Alexa from Northeastern & Preppy
Lucy from Sweet Potato Pi
Claire from Simply Darling
Adrienne from Adrienne Christine
Allison from Allison Nicole
Jacqueline from The Classic Chic
Lauren from Laur Above Par
Kenzie from Kentucky and Classy
Tessa from The Petite Prep
→ Question for the nominees ←
1. What have you learned so far from blogging?
2. What are a few things that will always brighten your day?
3. What do you hope to see in the future for yourself, as well as your blog?
4. What is your favorite quote and why?
5. What is your favorite holiday and why?
6. What are the top things on your bucket list? Have you completed any of them?
7. What is your favorite season or weather?
8. What is your favorite item you have bought this season?
9. Where is your favorite place to visit (or you hope to visit) in America?
10. What is your most worn/used item in your closet?
11. How do you spend your time during Summer?
I apologize for the length of this post (and if you fell asleep on accident, too)
Thanks again for nominating me Ruth and Sydney!